Top-Content Help > General :: FAQs :: > General FAQ - Creating a Page
General FAQ - Creating a Page - Posted By Stuart Lawrence (boffolow) on 14th May 09 at 2:21pm
To create a page:
- Login to your Top-Content Administration Panel.
- Locate the "CMS Pages" box on the front page.
- Click on "Create New Page" (Note that this will not be available if your account has used up its quota).
- You will be presented with the first section of creating your page. You will need to fill in a URL (what will proceed your domain name for your users to access), a page title and some meta (search engine) tags and descriptions.
- You will then need to select a template. The list of templates will be based on the templates created for you by Webskills. They should be titled according to which type of page they are. You must select the correct type of page at this point - you will not be able to change it later.
- Click Create Page.
- You will be presented with the same original boxes as were in the last section, but you will also be able to change any of the variable text on that template over the following boxes. This will include:
- A single line of text
- Multiple lines of text
- A rich text editor (more help on this later)
- An image selector
- Poll Select (module required)
- Map Select (Module required)
- Gallery Select (Module required)
- Finally, to finish creating your page click "Save Changes". The page should reload with the same content and display a link to new page you have created. If an error occurs, fix all errors and save again. If you do not save the page at this point your work will be lost.